Orion Terminal Phase One: Development Updates
Since the launch of Orion Terminal's Phase One, the development team have been hard at work to prepare for full launch this quarter. We will continue to provide regular updates to share notable developments, advancements, and additions to the terminal.
03.10.2021. Development update:
Last week, we announced Binance Smart Chain (BSC) as the latest chain to be integrated into Orion Terminal, with more chains to be announced imminently.
- BSC has now been successfully integrated into Orion Terminal, with users being onboarded from today. Ahead of public launch, wider access will be rolled out to those who signed up to access the terminal.
- More pairs have been added to the terminal, including BTC, BNB, ADA, LTC, DOT, and a number of other popular non-ERC20 tokens on BSC. The development team will continue to add new pairs.
- BSC will halve wait times for off-chain order execution and on-chain order settlement on the terminal, while drastically reducing fees (up to 135x).
- The development team will continue to optimize, develop, and improve the terminal ahead of main net launch by the end of the quarter.
- Meanwhile, the team is continuing to work on the implementation of the Elrond blockchain and smart contracts, with a number of other chains to be announced.
02.18.2021. Development update:
This week, the development team have completed work on Orion Swap:
- The primary focus was on complex swaps. Previously, trading tokens with no direct trading pair (for example ORN > GRT) occurred via two orders through USDT due to lack of direct trading pairs. Now, users only need to sign one trade for complex swaps, resulting in lower fees and faster execution.
- Improvements have been made to the swap UI to include price charts.
Currently, the team are working on:
- Terminal developments including:
- Broker onboarding
- Developments with backend order routing
- Further development of B2B solutions (including the launch of Orion Launchpad Liquidity)
02.04.2021. Development update:
- This week, the development team have made critical changes to the aggregation engine to fix bugs and improve performance, including:
- Order book depth
- Adaptation of exchange connection interface
- Adaptation of swap mechanism
- Data validation
- Improvements to infrastructure were implemented with additional resources provided to improve stability, including infrastructure monitoring and real-time service feedback.
- Further adjustments to the swap functionality and UI are in staging mode to add more intuitive features for the user, and will be deployed in the next update.
Spoiler alert: another product is in the development pipeline, which means another revenue stream. We’re working with several leading projects in the space to bring a much-needed solution to their infrastructure, alongside significant additional volume to the Orion network.
More volume. More transactions. More rewards for our stakers.
01.28.2021. Development update:
- This week, the team successfully completed updates to Orion Swap interface, including:
- Pre-order status
- Deposit functionality
- Profitability of trade
- Trade history
- Continued stability and performance testing across the entire terminal, with numerous improvements and fixes
- The development team is continuing to grow, having hired this week alone:
- Backend Developers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
01.21.2021. Business development update:
We’ve designed these updates to keep our community up to date with our progress across the board. Along with tech advancements, we want to update you on business development progression.
This week, we've finalized the fee structure for one of our most anticipated products, the Liquidity Boost Plugin. So far, we've secured 11+ partners (5 announced, 6 more to be revealed) to utilize this solution upon launch, including Polkastarter, MobiePay, PlasmaPay, Fire Protocol, and Glitch Finance.
But what does that mean for ORN holders?
Each of our LBP partners have one thing in common: the need for liquidity in order for their project to become sustainable. Our LBP clients are hand picked and fully vetted as top quality partners focused on user base growth as a key metric of success. The user base growth of our partners benefits them, us, and ORN stakers:
- Each and every transaction placed on our partners' exchanges using Orion liquidity will result in a transaction on the Orion Terminal, met with regular terminal fees.
- Increased volume on their platforms means more transactions via the LBP.
- More transactions via the LBP means more transactions via the Orion Terminal.
- More transactions via Orion Terminal = higher staking rewards.
ORN staking rewards are generated via transactions on the terminal, and will therefore increase alongside terminal volume. Although we intend for the terminal volume alone to drive incredible APY, every transaction via the LBP will bring additional rewards to our brokers and stakers.
Orion Terminal volume + LBP volume = the most profitable staking in DeFi.
01.13.2021. Development update:
- Adding Uniswap as a liquidity provider
- Onboarding of more exchange brokers
- Adding wBTC with additional liquidity from "main" BTC streams
- Swap user interface improvements
- Significant swap modification to reduce fees for complex swaps and increase speed of execution
- Numerous improvements and fixes to stability and performance
- Expansion of the development team through new specialists
- Improvements of trading terminal UI
- Thousands more users added
01.06.2021. Development update:
- New pairs added
- New users whitelisted
- Work on stability + fault tolerance
Any questions for the team or developers? Join our Telegram to speak to the team.